Page MenuHomeHEPForge

Started to rename member variables to avoid leading underscores
Needs ReviewPublic

Authored by kreps on Mar 12 2021, 6:20 PM.

Details

Summary

Started to rename member variables to avoid leading underscores

Test Plan

List of models to test:

  • PHSP
  • etc.

Diff Detail

Repository
rEVTGEN evtgen
Branch
arcpatch-D58
Lint
No Lint Coverage
Unit
No Test Coverage
Build Status
Buildable 185
Build 185: arc lint + arc unit

Event Timeline

@kreps , @jback feel free to add yourselves as reviewers too
We should also decide whether to extend this to the rest of the package now or leave to later. I'd probably favour doing it all in one go.

tlatham retitled this revision from Started to remove _ to Started to rename member variables to avoid leading underscores.Mar 17 2021, 11:26 AM
tlatham edited the summary of this revision. (Show Details)
tlatham changed the visibility from "All Users" to "Public (No Login Required)".
tlatham changed the edit policy from "All Users" to "Restricted Project (Project)".
tlatham added a project: Restricted Project.
tlatham removed subscribers: jback, kreps.
kreps added a reviewer: averbyts.

I will commandeer and push rest.

  • Rename member variables starting or ending with underscore to m_xxx

I think I have it now all, but I ran to another issue with arcanist, which refused to upload diff on a large file without marking it binary. The file is src/EvtGenModels/EvtVubAC.cpp and we might need to change it back from binary when we finish this.

  • Rename preprocessor macro from _unused to UNUSED
In D58#1640, @kreps wrote:

I think I have it now all, but I ran to another issue with arcanist, which refused to upload diff on a large file without marking it binary. The file is src/EvtGenModels/EvtVubAC.cpp and we might need to change it back from binary when we finish this.

If I use arc patch D58 to apply this diff to my local repo then the file does not seem to be marked binary there.
git diff --numstat master src/EvtGenModels/EvtVubAC.cpp still tells me the number of changed lines as normal:
62814 50650 src/EvtGenModels/EvtVubAC.cpp
while I think for a binary file it would give:
- - src/EvtGenModels/EvtVubAC.cpp
So I guess it's just some internal arcanist/Differential oddness and we don't need to worry about it.

  • Rename member variables starting with underscore to m_xxx
  • Rename variables ending on underscore in EvtGenBase and small cleanup from previous chunk
  • Next part of renaming member variables finishing with underscore.
  • Rename preprocessor macro from _unused to UNUSED
  • Rename member variables starting with underscore to m_xxx
  • Rename variables ending on underscore in EvtGenBase and small cleanup from previous chunk
  • Next part of renaming member variables finishing with underscore.
  • Rename preprocessor macro from _unused to UNUSED